How to make QR codes for Hikvision Software

Including important information as to why you should only buy from an authorized Hikvision reseller
Armitron77

How to make QR codes for Hikvision Software

Postby Armitron77 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was just notified by my IT manager that I need to learn how to make QR codes for the Hikvision software we use for our camera throughout the hotel. I have searched in google and on youtube as well as youtube and found nothing so far on how to make QR codes. Does anyone here know how? If so, may you please provide instructions on how to? Thanks.

adam
Site Admin

Re: How to make QR codes for Hikvision Software

Postby adam » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi - slightly confused, what are the QR codes for? The QR code is on the box to add to the Hik-Connect app or in the advanced network menu. You only need to do this once?

How are you trying to access the cameras?

Maxim

Re: How to make QR codes for Hikvision Software

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 am

Armitron77.
Are you using Hik-Connect?
I know you can make QR codes within Hik-Connect and save it as a JPEG and then share it by email etc.
I am not sure exactly what they are for I can only assume that once your system is set up with Hik-Connect on one smartphone you can create a QR code of the settings and share it with other users to possibly minimise their setup time.
If this sounds like what you are after, let me know and I will post more detail for you.